Building for the Future
Construction Trades Scholarships
The Kyburz-Carlson Building/Construction Trades Scholarship was established and funded by the Kyburz-Carlson Construction Company to provide a funding opportunity for CHS students planning to pursue a post-secondary degree in the field of Building/Construction Trades.
The Kyburz-Carlson Building/Construction Trades Scholarship Endowment’s principle has reached the necessary $10,000 level. Therefore, interest earned from the principle will be used to fund the Scholarships as specified by the donor. Additional donations given toward this endowed fund will be added to the principle value. This increases the amount and/or number of awards given annually to CHS students pursuing a degree in this career field.
Our Scholarship awards will be based upon the following criteria
- Applicants for our scholarships must be a senior at Aberdeen Central High School.
- The applicant plans to enter into a Building/Construction Trades career field. This can include career areas such as Project Management, Estimation, Construction Management, Carpentry, etc.
- Applicants must demonstrate an acceptable high school GPA at time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled (or intending to enroll) at a technical college, community college or university in either South Dakota or North Dakota.
- This scholarship award, which will be given annually, is a not a renewable award for recipients.
- A committee from Kyburz-Carlson Construction Company will review scholarship applications to assist in the award process.
- A representative from Kyburz-Carlson Construction Company will present the scholarship. Scholarships will be presented at the annual Central High School awards night held each spring.
- Based on interest earnings (and other subsequent donations given to this Endowment) the Kyburz-Carlson Building/Construction Trades Scholarships were awarded for the first time in the spring of 2009.
- No students of the Aberdeen Public School District shall be denied this scholarship opportunity on the basis of race, creed, sex, religion, handicap or national origin.
For more information call today at 605-225-6161 or contact us HERE